THE RACONTEUR Hamilton Island Candle
This uniquely fragranced candle tells the botanical story of Hamilton Island, the jewel in the crown of the Whitsunday Islands, located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Sea grass and moss articulate thoughts of a sunrise bushwalk along a coastal path, surrounded by cool moss-covered boulders, while notes of lemon myrtle and native ginger reveal themselves as if carried on the ocean’s breeze. A steep pathway to Passage Peak at the top of the island reveals the spice notes of the trade winds and, as the sweeping island views reveal themselves, hints of native cedar leaf and eucalyptus.
Scent: Spicy, citrus, oceanic, green (sharp), woody (rich)
Elements: Lemon myrtle, native ginger, seagrass, wild herbs, eucalypt, vetiver
Surprise: Tomato leaf
Mood & Chemistry: Refreshing, uplifting, anti-depressive
- monoterpenes including limonene, camphene, a-pinene
- oxides including 1,8 cineole
Form: Linear, sheer, crisp
Structure: Narrative, classic
Handmade in Sydney
Burns: 60+ hours
100% soy wax
Pure cotton wicks
Free of paraffin, parabens, phthalates and lead
Candle Care Tips:
1. Never burn your candle for more than 3 hours at a time.
2. Once lit, do not move your candle.
3. Before blowing out, always ensure the wax has melted to the circumference of the container. If you don't do this, it leads to an unequal burn and you’ll get craters in the centre.
4. When you re-light a candle, always trim any tiny black mushroom ends of wicks before each use. Otherwise, you'll get excess smoke and black soot.